I neglected to mention that the Summer Solstice began the season of Discardia which will end with the new moon on the 29th.
Chris and I had been talking about doing a yard sale or a trip to the flea market, but we live on a very steep hill without enough foot traffic to make a yard sale successful and it seems that you’re supposed to show up at the flea market at 5a.m. so that’s right out. We’d have to make a lot of money to make all that hassle worthwhile, so we’ll try a less painful approach: the virtual yard sale.
If you’re interested in any of the following items, just comment or email yardsale at this domain and make an offer. Please note that “I’ll come pick it up” is a perfectly valid offer. (FYI, our place is in the Castro district in San Francisco).
– queen-size futon with simple wood frame & two pieces which act as side tables when in couch mode
– folding screen, black lattice & white fabric “rice paper”, three ~17″x66″ panels
– pressboard 2-drawer unit, 16″ cube
– classic fold-up card table, 30″ square, been in use in my family for decades, needs a good home
– blue leather Palm pilot case (suitable for Palm I-III, possibly I-V)
– 60’s look checkerboard pattern knit mini-dress with red stripe, needs light repair, size m, very Speed Racer in aesthetic, could also pass for 1930’s geometric
– round stone table fountain with pump
– Jensen JMP-33 computer speakers
– small, extremely solid safe
– Honeywell air purifier
– wooden folding tv-tray-style table
– metal “No Dumping Allowed” sign
– comics: Paul the Samurai #1-3, Paul the Samurai:Tick Spinoff #2-4 & 7, Enigma #1-4, Marvels Book 1 (Flash), Superman the Man of Steel Feb 94 #30 Colorforms issue with Lobo.
– SF Examiner article from Sept 23 1979 about Dungeons & Dragons “Joys, dangers of game where one’s imagination is the limit”
– music memorbilia bag (cassette Green Jello “Three Little Pigs” pre-cease & desist order, button “I’m too sexy” from Right Said Fred tour, Bruce Cockburn Big Circumstance tour button, repro of Rolling Stone magazine #1, “I love the Bay City Rollers” patch)
– movie & tv memorabilia bag (Cool World Holli Would button, Naked Lunch button, 3 Batman logo from first Burton film buttons, Spike & Mike Twisted Toons barf bag unused I should note, Misery bookmarks & 2 buttons, Cool World promo postcard, “The Tucker Times” printed promo page for the movie “Tucker” with Jeff Bridges, People magazine Sept 25 1989 issue about Saturday Night Live, Entertainment Weekly #3 issue on Hunt for Red October with a little coming soon ad from NBC with this blurb near the bottom “The Seinfeld Chronicles: A different look at the life and misadventures of the single man, from hip new stand-up comic Jerry Seinfeld.”)
– collectible trading cards bag (unopened Jyhad starter deck from original version, 4 unopened booster packs ditto, promo material for re-release of game as “Vampire: The Eternal Struggle”, complete set of Jyhad cards mint in binder, 1995 Magic: the Gathering binder, Tomart’s Photo Checklist & Price Guide to Collectible Card Games vol. 1 first printing 1995, The Duelist magazine #6 featuring art of Rob Alexander, The Duelist magazine #5 featuring art of Liz Danforth, The Duelist magazine #7 featuring art of Mark Tedin, The Duelist #4 featuring the art of Melissa Benson, 1995 Other Worlds: Michael Whelan II collector cards binder w/ promo sheet & 3 cards 14 21 & 41, 1995 David Cherry collectible cards set [complete, I think, but the cards are sleeved out of order & I feel lazy at the moment], 1994 MTG poster illustrating many cards and 1994 Jyhad poster plus bonus gift of Chris Baccalo poster of Death from Sandman, box from 1995 MTG 2 deck starter kit in very good condition, Mark Poole deck box with juggling sorceress, assortment of 1994 Star Trek: The Next Generation cards including Wesley Crusher, 1991 3M Olympic Innovator’s Collection Olga Korbut card)
– politics & news memorabilia bag (Spy magazine Oct 1997 with Bill Clinton on cover as superhero – bagged in very good condition with Clinton/Gore 92 bumper sticker, front section of SF Chronicle May 25 1987 “The Great Party” 50th birthday of the Golden Gate Bridge, “No on 65 Stop LaRouche” button, front section of San Jose Mercury News Feb 8 1990 “Communists give up monopoly” “Bush backs arms control, SDI” “Top official [Gassee] on way out at Apple”, used “Fight the Right” phone card with picture of Newt Gingrich on it, Garbage magazine Premier Issue, lots of 1989 Quake related newspaper sections including SJ Merc Oct 23 “The Long Road Back”, SJ Merc Oct 22 “We will never forget” 16 page memorial, SJ Merc Oct 23 front “Thank God, I’m alive” Buck Helm story, SJ Merc Oct 19 3 sections including front section with “Cold fusion heats up”, SF Chron Oct 18 8 page issue “EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA HUNDREDS DEAD IN HUGE QUAKE”, Contra Costa Times Oct 18 ” Earthquake: Over 200 die; bridge, I-880 collapse”, SJ Merc Oct 18 “MASSIVE QUAKE 76 die in seconds of horror”. SF Examiner Oct 18 “EARTHQUAKE EXTRA 7.0 quake stuns Bay”, SJ Merc Oct 21 front section, SJ Merc Nov 10 story about Bookshop Santa Cruz, and the best thing of all, Kevin Cowherd’s column from the morning of Oct. 17th about the World Series game which reads “Actually, I have no idea who is going to win the Series, because these are two teams from California and God only knows if they’ll even get all the games in. An earthquake could rip through the Bay Area before they sing the national anthem for Game 3.”)