After conferences, Fray Day, and being sick, I am so happy to have a weekend with no obligations. Yes, a friend has a literary event at his house tonight. Yes, another friend is having a house-warming tomorrow. But I don’t have to go. I can bow out if I really want to.
Now that I’ve
– stayed up as late as I felt like playing games (Kingdom of Loathing) and watching movies (two episodes of Upstairs, Downstairs)
– slept in as late as my body decided to let me
– worked on a home project bringing up my old stereos from the basement so that I can start weeding through old records and cassettes to do a bit more Discardia
– cooked a new recipe (Chopped Eggplant with Cocoa Nibs from Alice Medrich’s Bitter Sweet cookbook (disappointing: mostly the right ingredients, but not put together the best way, and even the amount of oil & salt I cut from her recipe wouldn’t save it)
– studied more math (part of my ongoing project to beef up my math and science knowledge)
– had a nice chat with my friend Corey
– played a bit more Kingdom of Loathing
and am about to take a nice shower, I’m more ready to consider going out and being social. I did say consider, mind.