1. put water in the rice cooker up to the 2 line
2. put 2 cups of rice in
3. take the frozen Aidell's chicken & apple sausage out of the freezer
4. poke little holes in the sausage
5. put the sausage in the rice cooker
6. push the button
interlude of looking at the pretty clouds
7. easy side dish made while rice cooks, grated carrot & grated daikon slaw
8. rice is done!
9. cut half the sausage in a dish
10. mix in the rice and serve chilled slaw on side
Sausage Rice would be better with brown rice or wild rice, but it's fine with white. The smoky sausagey flavor that gets into the rice during cooking is very nice!
1oz gin, 1/2 oz each sweet & dry vermouth, 1oz OJ. Shake with cracked ice, serve in chilled cocktail glass, garnish with maraschino cherry.